Thursday, January 15, 2009

Trip to the Dentist


Yesterday was Caleb's first dentist appointment. Lee and I were amazed at how well it went!!! Never in a thousands years did we think that our little boy who is afraid of everything, would let the hygenist and dentist work on his teeth. The plan was for him to watch mommy and daddy yesterday, and his first appointment was scheduled for today. The hygenist (who has been cleaning our teeth for years, and is wonderful) mentioned that she could do Caleb's teeth while we were all there. He was very hesitant, and for a moment I thought that we were going to have to reschedule for another six months. But, before we knew it, Caleb was in Lee's arms in the chair and was opening his mouth. He sat through the entire procedure and even let them use suction. They definitely have their tricks!!! He was proud of him self afterwards and was rewarded with many presents from the dentist (stickers, 3 toys, toothbrush, sparkle toothpaste, ...).


Mommy's dentist appointment didn't go as well. My teeth are in great shape, but the dentist and I had a discussion about removing my wisdom teeth. I am the biggest scardy cat when it comes to medical procedures. I am going to go to a consultation with the oral surgeon, but am hopeful that he will give me lots of reasons not to do the procedure. (Although I know that he is going to recommend to do so.) Lee says that I need to be brave.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

YEAH Caleb! BOOO Mommy! NOT, I still have my wisdom teeth too. I think they give everyone that conversation. My thought is if they are not bulking the other teeth, then why spend the money and be in pain

Anonymous said...

Hooray for Caleb. If the dentist says you should have your wisdom teeth pulled, go ahead and do it, don't be like your grandmother and wait until it's an emergency. That's very bad planning, believe me. Love you, Grandma