Monday, September 21, 2009

Caleb's First Camping Trip

This past weekend I took Caleb on his first camping trip with Lisa, Emily, Lisa's friend, Melissa, and her daughter, Lily. I think that it is great that Caleb's first camping experience was with all females!

We had a blast and I think that we all earned well-deserved camping merit badges. Lisa was in charge of the tent, Melissa was in charge of the fire, and I, of course, was in charge of the wine.

I am proud that we toughed it out through the night even though it POURED ALL night long!!!

Here are pictures from the weekend.
Caleb said that his favorite part of the weekend was going on the "blue boat" (paddle boat).Relaxing on the clubhouse porch during a rain storm. The kids loved the vent.
Caleb thinks that he is Tiger Woods!
This is Sherlock Holmes. We entered a four-part challenge race. (Hula hoops, paddle boats, sand find, and cupcake eating contest.) The goal was to be the first team to help Sherlock Holmes find Yogi's missing picnic basket. Our team did really well, but in the end three 3-year olds could not outrun 10-12 year olds. (Caleb's Mama would have tried if the rules didn't state the entire team had to stay together!)
You had to eat the cupcakes without your hands. Even Caleb didn't complain! I think that he knew it was a game.
Lisa did an AWESOME job with the tent!!!
Dinner. Yummy. (We did eat it!)
Lisa and I.
Yogi Bear's Dance. Caleb danced the entire time, even while Yogi was doing his Thriller solo. I think that we were there almost two hours. Caleb loved it! I even got out and danced some.
Caleb doing the limbo.
Caleb line dancing with Mama.
Even "Baby Graysen" went on the trip.

3 comments:

Lisa said...

It was a great weekend! Although the picture of your well done hotdog does not look very tempting. This is now an annual event for us. I loved it.

peg said...

Looks like alot of fun!! Caleb looks like a dancing machine! Glad you guys had a good time even with the rain.

Kara Jess and Charlie said...

That last picture freaks me out a little bit.