Thursday, May 12, 2011

Palmetto Hearts 5K

I am happy to share that I have been asked to chair an organizational committee for planning a 5K run and walk next spring/summer to benefit Palmetto Hearts.

Palmetto Hearts is the congenital heart disease organization for the state of South Carolina. They are a non-profit group and generously help families that are dealing with CHD.

The committee has already started meeting and planning the event. Our next meeting is on June 28th and I plan to post details from each meeting so that everyone will know what fun activities we will have at the event and so that everyone can start planning to come out and support heart families!

The first order of business is to select a catchy name for the event. For example, "Melt Your Heart 5K Walk & Run." Since I am not creative, the committee and I have decided to have a small contest to get clever ideas. We would like for everyone to suggest a name for the event by either posting a comment or sending a private email to me. We will select the name at the meeting on June 28th and the winner will receive a free t shirt from the event with the winning event name on it.

I need everyone's help and hope to get a lot of great submissions!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi! I saw this as a post by Sara on FB, and immediately pictured a heart with a headband, arms pumping, and sneakers with the slogan "Pound The Pavement for Palmetto Hearts" 5K ... :) Just a thought!

Alicia Revis Lyda