Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Random Stuff

Graysen's First "Knuckles"

This is a picture of Caleb coloring his favorite animal--horses. He set up his horse coloring book, and perched his Little People horse on the top of the desk.

Today has been a long day with Caleb and time out. Yesterday, Lee and I discovered that Caleb learned how to open doors. For discipline, we put Caleb in his time out chair in his room, and shut the door to his room, and to his toy closet. We set the kitchen timer for five minutes, and he has to wait until it beeps. Today I put Caleb in time out. When I went to release him from his room, I opened the door, and discovered that he had opened his toy closet, and started playing with his toys. I told him that was wrong, and made him repeat time out. I cleaned up the toys, shut the door to his room, and I shut myself in his bathroom. (His bathroom is attached to his room and I was in the process of cleaning it.) When the timer beeped, I opened the door to his room, and there were no signs of Caleb! The room was exactly how I left it. The door to his room was shut, and the door to the toy closet was shut. He had let himself out of timeout, and was in the living room. Needless to say, he had to repeat time out for a third time. Later this evening, Lee put him in time out. He followed all time out rules, and only had to do it once.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Isn't it wonderful when they discover how to do something new?!?!