Monday, August 9, 2010

Soccer Time!

Caleb is on a soccer team this fall. Tonight was the first meeting and he is THRILLED about it. He is on AYSO Region 132 U04 Boys Dinomite team. Lee is an assistant coach and I am the official "Team Parent," which means that I organize all of the snacks and miscellaneous things. I am pretty sure that I got this job because when asked if I would be an assistant coach I replied, "I love snacks."

The director brought a blue AYSO soccer ball as an example for what each kid will receive in a few weeks. When he showed it to the parents, Graysen yelled, "BALL!" The director gave it to him and allowed him to take it home with him. Other kids asked the director for one, but he only had one. This doesn't reinforce my point to Graysen that he is not on the team. Graysen thinks that he is on the team too and is ready to play...

In case you are interested in coming to one of Caleb's games, they are every Saturday from August 28th through October 30th at 9 AM at The Old Canaan Road AYSO Soccer Complex Field D.


3 comments:

deelmeyer said...

Grayson. I am so proud of you. I know you will be a great soccer player. Love you - Grandma Dee

Evie's Story said...

Go get em' Graysen...maybe he can be the team mascot!!

Lisa said...

Great Picture! Can't wait to see him play. Poor Gray.....he would be a good mascot!