Friday, September 23, 2011

Just Let Me Brag A Little...

Please indulge me... I am SO proud of Caleb! His first report card and computer assessment results came home today. He is in the 98th percentile for reading and the 67th percentile for math.
Lee and I are amazed at his reading abilities. He can read almost anything. I also think that 67th percentile for math is very good. The most amazing thing is that Caleb essentially teaches himself. He absorbs everything that he learns in school and applies it on his own to learn new things. Lee and I do not go out of our way to teach him. I especially feel that it is important for him to be a child and enjoy this special time of his life.

To celebrate, Caleb got to pick anything he wanted for this evening (toy, treat, etc...) limited to $8 which is all that Mommy had in her purse. He chose to pick up Bruster's ice cream for dessert and we will spend this evening celebrating his special achievement.

5 comments:

Melanie C. said...

Congratulations to Caleb!! And Mom!! Hope you all have a great celebration.

deelmeyer said...

YOU HAVE EVERY RIGHT TO BRAG ABOUT CALEB. I ALWAYS KNEW HE WOULD BE BRILLIANT. I AM SO PROUD OF BOTH OF YOU. LOVE TO ALL. GRANDMA

Anonymous said...

It is wonderful to celebrate our children's accomplishments! Thank you for sharing with us - we are celebrating along with you!

Tina B.
Mom to Anna Grace

Dolores said...

We are very proud of Caleb. Tell him Aunt Dolores and Uncle Bob said to keep up the good work. Love, Aunt Dolores

Uncle Gordon said...

Good job by Caleb! Love, Uncle Gordon