Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Doctor Visit

Lee and I went to the doctor this morning. They did a NST and the baby looks responsive. They are going to wait until Monday to do the induction. They said that my cervix is ready and that I do not need to come in the night before for ripening. The baby is VERY low and they said that most likely I will not make it to Monday, but they wanted to keep the baby inside of me as long as possible. So, Lee is on high alert in case I go into labor early.

We took a tour of the Labor and Delivery Unit at MUSC. It was a good tour and helped prepare us for Monday. It is definitely not the Birthplace at GMH. However, they will do a good job to make sure that Graysen has the medical help that he needs. They went through the process for us. I will deliver in the OR because of the risk of the pregnancy. Graysen will immediately be handed to the Stabilization Team and then sent to the NICU. They said that he will not be put on my tummy nor be held, but they swing his box by me on his way up to the 8th floor. They will settle him into the NICU and we can start visiting him 1-2 hours after birth.

Well, Lee and I are onto our second adventure of the day--going to a laundry mat. I called to ask if they take VISA, but apparently they only take quarters. So, we will swing by BOA first to get $20 in quarters. This will be interesting...

No comments: