Tuesday, September 30, 2008

We Are Home!


The past 24 hours have been a whirlwhind. Graysen was cleared for discharge on Monday. He is doing great, and the doctors are amazed at his progress. He is the exception, not the rule. We are fortunate to have a very strong heart baby.

We picked up Caleb this afternoon from the Taylor's house. Lee and I were able to witness the sweetest scene. We were expecting Caleb to run and hug us, and not pay much attention to Graysen. Instead, Caleb ignored Lee and I and imediately sat down next to Graysen and grabbed his hand. He sat there for at least five full minutes with him, smiling and saying Graysen. We think that he understood that Graysen had to have something done to him, but wasn't sure it meant that he would get to see him again. Caleb looked very joyful that Graysen is OK and returned. I will never forget the compassion he showed.

It is Tuesday evening, and we are just getting settled. I am looking forward to getting back into a routine with the boys. I plan to take it easy this week so that Graysen can rest. However, the doctor visits never seem to end. He has to go to the pediatrician tomorrow, cardiologist Thursday, and craniologist on Monday.

Lee and I are glad that this ordeal is behind us, and we can start a normal few years with the boys. Graysen is a very strong, happy little boy. We are thankful for everyone in our lives who has helped us through this. The love and help that we have recieved made this experience easier.

9 comments:

Charles Meyer said...

I was so thankful for the message you left on my voice mail. As much as I wanted to call you, I realize how exhausted you must be so I would continue reading the blog. I was really happy to see the absolute precious picture of the boys. It came as no surprise to me to read how much Caleb cherised having Graysen back. They were best buddies when we had them spend the night with us in our hotel. We're looking forward to having many, many more hotel sleep overs in the future!!!!!! Lot's of Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

All I have to say is Thank you Lord. Our prayers have been answed. He is a very strong litle boy. I know how much Caleb missed his brother by the way he looked at him when he was home. Now it is time to watch him grow and enjoy your lives. Love you very much. Grandma

Anonymous said...

We are so thrilled that everything went so well for Graysen, and that your happy family is all back together at home! The nice picture of how Caleb was so nice to Graysen certainly did not remind me of my childhood with Uncle Gordon!

Love, Scott and Stacy

Unknown said...

Congratulations! What wonderful news, and what a good big brother Caleb is. :)

Lisa said...

Welcome Home! I know how happy you are to be back home with both boys and back to a normal life! Love the picture and the sweet story.

Lisa

Dolores said...

What wonderful news! Caleb is such a sweet boy. It's amazing how much the little ones understand. Now, we pray, your life can be normal. Our prayers are with you for Graysen's continued recovery. Enjoy those two handsome boys. They are both precious. Lots of Love From All Of Us, Aunt Dolores

Anonymous said...

We are so glad you are all home together! We have been praying for all of you, especially Graysen. Looking forward to seeing you all in November!

Anonymous said...

Welcome home! I'm so glad to hear of Graysen's speedy recovery! May God continue to heal him and strengthen you. Greysen is Caleb's playmate so I see many years of them covering for each other. WATCH OUT LEE and LAURA! My life is chaotic, but if you need anything HOLLA. I'm only a few miles away!

Anonymous said...

We are so glad to hear the good news of Graysen's progress, he is so precious and we are so glad he is doing so well. Glad you are all home and hopefully life will get back to normal for you all soon! :)