Thursday, February 26, 2009

House Progress











The house is finally ready for us to live there. Lee finished painting the interior and did a great job! He is a perfectionist and is better than any professional. The carpet was installed yesterday and today. The boys enjoyed coloring while the work was being done.

The house is only 1 1/2 years old, so it looks brand new now that it has fresh paint and new carpet. I am really looking forward to getting settled. We plan to buy furniture for it this weekend and move on March 14th. We would move earlier, but I have to have my wisdom teeth removed on March 6th and do not want to worry about moving when I am not feeling 100%. I am definitely not going to miss going up three flights of stairs everyday while toting the boys.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

The pictures of the house are beautiful. I love it. It's great you won't have to run up and down the stairs. It sure is wonderful living on one floor. Lee did a great job of painting and putting in the floors. May you have many years of happiness in the new house. Love you - Grandma

Anonymous said...

Laura & Lee - What a lovely home! Can't wait to see it once you're settled in. You probably know this already, but you can purchase cordless mini-blinds now...they are so nice--no strings to worry about for adults or children. I love mine.
- Stephanie Stolze

Kara Jess and Charlie said...

What's the layout of your house?
I know the green room is the finished basement (ie- man cave), but I can't tell what, if anything is above the main level. Also, I just noticed a funny coincidence - my grandmother's name was Dolores (everyone called her Doe) and her mother's maiden name was Myers.

Anonymous said...

Hey, Lee! You know what would be really cool? You could create a 360 degree panoramic view of the rooms in the house--like they have on hotel websites, so we can get a feel for the rooms. It would be so cool!
- Stephanie S.

mrsolley said...

I love the house and the backyard! Great find! Is this basement Lee's territory or the boys?