Wednesday, May 19, 2010

3K Completion Gift

Yesterday Lee came home to Caleb and me shopping for play kitchens on the internet. (As a result of a Toy's R Us circular that came in the mail.) We looked at him with our best sappy eyes, reminded him that there were fresh baked cookies in the kitchen, and asked if we could buy a kitchen.

Lee said that we can't teach our kids that they can buy something just because they are excited about it. So, I was able to come up with the justification that it was an "End of 3K" present. Lee agreed that school is important and said that would be a good reason to buy it. (If you ask Caleb why he got the kitchen he will say, "Because I was nice at school.")

I went to Toy's R Us and picked out the kitchen with a grill so that it would be more "manly" for our boys. (Toy's R Us definitely know what it is doing with marketing.) I love watching our little boys pretend cook, grill, and run a restaurant. Thank you Daddy!

1 comment:

Charles Meyer said...

Glad to see the boys enjoying the art of cooking. It definitely must come from Lee's side of the family as I'm not so sure their Mom ever had that desire.......Love, Grammy