Friday, May 7, 2010

Yard Progress

I have really enjoyed working in our yard this past month. I haven't been blogging much because I have spent every free moment working outside. I plan to take a break over the weekend and relax a little.

I finally finished landscaping the front of our house. It looks a lot better than before and I love looking at flowers every day.

Everything that I planted in the front bed will bloom in the summer.

Mailbox Flower Bed
I then moved on to building a raised garden. I bought the kit at Costco and put it together myself. It came in many, many pieces and I do not intend to build anything again in the near future.
Caleb is my gardening buddy. He helped me build it and had a blast picking out plants to grow. I bought every type of vegetable, herb, and fruit that I could find.
Here is Caleb working on seedlings for the garden.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! I love it!! Your yard and garden look fantastic!! You did a great job. I didn't realize there were kits for the raised gardens. I'll have to look in the store and give it some thought. Happy Gardening!! :)

-Stephanie S.

Charles Meyer said...

I'm so impressed! The yard looks great, I cannot believe how "green" it is. I also cannot wait to see it in person within a few weeks as I'm sure it will look even better. Lots of Love......Mom