Friday, May 14, 2010

Graysen's Heart

I did not intend for a week to pass by without blogging, but I have not been feeling very well. I am pretty sick and Lee took Caleb to school today to help me.

Graysen had a cardiologist appointment last week. He is doing well and is stable. He has been "cleared" for another five months and is an active little boy.

His right pulmonary pressure is 50 and his left is 40. The cardiologist says that this difference is not good long term and that he will need a heart cath to open up flow to the right pulmonary artery. There is scar tissue at the entrance of both pulmonary arteries which needs to be angioplastied. He also said that the pressure in the right ventricle is higher than desired, but he couldn't get a good measurement. However, he said that he is not ready to order the cath yet since Graysen is active. He will re-evaluate in October.

In summary, Graysen is doing great and I am looking forward to a relaxing summer with no "interventions."

2 comments:

deelmeyer said...

I am so happy to hear the good news. I hope whatever is making you sick goes away very soon. I know the flu is going around here too. Also, your yard is beautiful. Love you - Grandma

Evie's Story said...

Hard to hear that things need to get "worse" before they get better. Your lil guy is always in our prayers. Glad he's doing so well.

Cant wait for our play time in a couple weeks!