Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Announcing: Palmetto Hearts 5K Run & Walk

As some of you know, I am chairing a committee to plan a 5K walk and run to benefit Palmetto Hearts, SC's congenital Heart Disease organization.

The committee meets about once a month and, as promised, I will post an update from each meeting on my blog.

I am very excited to announce that the date and location for the event are final! Mark your calendars:

Palmetto Hearts 5K Walk & Run presented by the Spartanburg Running Club
Saturday, April 14th, 2012
9:00 AM
Duncan Park, Spartanburg

This will be a family-friendly event. Both runners and walkers are encouraged to participate and the course is stroller-friendly.

After the race, there will be a celebration area with inflatables for the children and awards.

All proceeds from the event will go to Palmetto Hearts.

Go ahead and mark your calendars and come on out to support heart babies. It will be a fun-filled family day!

3 comments:

Erica Harper said...

I'm protesting since Gary is not allowed to run...he's been training hard core.

Lisa said...

We will be there!! You know I don't tolerate the heat that well....LOL so wish me luck:)

Charles Meyer said...

I've got our calendar marked and am looking forward to it!!!!!