Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Adventures in Potty Training


This morning, I became inspired to start potty training Caleb and Geoffrey. I put both of them in big boy underwear and hoped for a good day. Caleb was back in a diaper by 10:06 AM. After about 10 accidents, it became clear that Caleb had no intention of going pee pee in the potty. He would just go wherever he was, and then come tell me about it. He would say "pee pee, floor, right there, right there." He wasn't even upset about it. He just expected me to clean it up. He would say, "bye bye pee pee" after I cleaned up each spot.

Caleb always becomes upset if he gets dirty or spills something, so I thought that he would prefer to use the potty instead of going in the floor or his underwear. I guess I was wrong. I have no idea how I am ever going to get him potty trained. However, there is hope for Geoffrey. Geoffrey used the potty enthusiastically.

4 comments:

Charles Meyer said...

Trust me, Caleb WILL use the potty though I'm sure he will keep us guessing on exactly when that will happen. Your potty training endeavor was amusing. It looks like Caleb will be entertaining us in that department for a little while longer. Have him change one of Graysen's diapers so he can appreciate what you go through. Maybe that will do it!!!!! I love you lots......Mom

Kevin said...

Erica is still not potty trained. I don't know what to tell you.

Dolores said...

Your mom is right,no one reaches adulthood not being potty trained, Erica evidently is an exception to that rule Ha Ha. It's only when we get old and decrepit that we sometimes cease being potty trained. He will surprise you sometime soon. Three years old seems to be the magic number. Lots of love, Aunt Dolores

Anonymous said...

Beat his #@$#@! Ok you know that would be a statement from me. Everyone else is probably calling telling you to get a new friend. WHAT?? Laura the dye area dictator is letting a 3 yr rule the world. It starts early! Next he will be telling you how to dress [well Lee no more Barbara Bush suits :)] Take control of the situation and quit being a baby! I'll let you know how this turns out at month 12 for Essence.