Saturday, July 2, 2011

Mary, Mary, Quite Contrary...

How does your garden grow?

Perhaps if I knew the rest of that nursery rhyme, I would know why my garden will not grow. Although, I am pretty sure that it is due to lack of watering.

My garden has produced nothing this year and, when I went out there this morning, all the plants could be declared dead. After three different people gave us vegetables from their overflowing gardens this week, I decided that "growing season" is in full swing and I can't blame my garden's lack of fruit on it being "early" in the season.

So... I was inspired to "revive" the garden.

This is "Laura's Garden Version 3.0," after spending $100 at Lowes for all new plants.
Version 1.0 (last summer) didn't produce anything because I only bought one of each type of plant so cross-pollination didn't occur to fertilize the flowers.

Version 2.0 (this summer), and my lawn, died from my desire to let Mother Nature take care of my yard and prevent a repeat of last summer's $400 water bill. But, Mother Nature didn't do a good job, so I am on a mission to fix both.

The boys and I also decided that our garden died because we didn't have anyone protecting it at night. So we hired Hop, Skip, and Jump (three frogs) to watch over it at night and help us take care of the garden.

Now that my gardening "opportunities" are corrected, I am expecting an abudant harvest anyday now!

2 comments:

dee meyer said...

I can;t grow anything either. I guess we both have a purple thumb. The only thing that grows in my yard are weeds. Love you - Grandma

Charles Meyer said...

Hopefully Mother Nature will start helping out with the rain this year so you don't repeat that high water bill again. Your new garden looks great. By the way.....I will be printing out that last picture of Graysen as it definitely ranks as one of our all time favorites!