Monday, July 11, 2011

Pirate Weekend at Yogi Bear Campground

This year, Lee and Todd were invited to go on Lisa and my annual camping trip to Yogi Bear Marion. I know what you are thinking, "Lucky Lee and Todd!"

The theme for the weekend was "Pirates."

This banner pretty much sums it up:
The three kids were inseparable and had a great time playing together in "nature" all weekend.
I am not sure why I am always the most excited to meet mascots?!
About two hours into the trip a torrential downpour occurred suddenly. The boys, Lisa, and I were on the Friday night "hey ride" when it started. As you can see, Graysen freaked out!
Todd was sweet and manned the grill while we all huddled in the tent. All seven of us ate dinner in our tent and played games. It was very cozy and felt like we were on the show "Survivor."
Lee was a good sport about the weekend and Todd and Lee even completed a treasure hunt for us girls while we stayed cool in the shade. Although, Lee says no more treasure hunts in the future.
A beautiful rainbow crossed the sky after the storm and the rest of the weekend's weather was great!
I stopped taking pictures after Friday since Lee became the official photographer for the trip. Hopefully he will post some of his pictures later.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Great pictures! Love the one of Gray getting rained on. Can't wait to see the ones of him in his overalls:)

Charles Meyer said...

I've been on "hay" rides before, but never a "hey" ride. I'm glad it didn't rain the entire weekend. The pictures are great!