Thursday, June 5, 2008

Unreliable Internet



I have been having trouble blogging because our internet connection has been unreliable. It goes down every day during the day until about 10 PM. It has happened consistently for the past six days. It only works reliably during the middle of the night and early morning. I have called Charter three times to understand the situation. They are unable to tell me what is going on or when I can expect it to be working again. (As a note, I am very disappointed with their customer service and technical service departments.) I asked for a refund for the six days that it did not work, and said that I would call every day that it was not working and ask for a refund for that day. That is all that I know to do. They gave me a refund for two weeks, I think as encouragement not to bother them every day. It is choppy again this morning, so it will crash soon. I plan to spend the day working on switching to DSL. We do not want to switch, but feel that we do not have a choice.

The past several days, Caleb has shown an increased interest in the Millenium Falcon. He played with it yesterday for several hours before he even touched a truck! His favorite character is R2D2, or "D2" as Caleb says. The main thing that we have been working on Caleb on is speech. He qualified for an early interventionist to come once a week and work with him. This morning he has an evaluation with a liscensced speech pathologist and will most likely quality for her to come on a weekly basis as well. Then, next Tuesday he has an evaluation with the school system to see if he qualifies to start in the school system at 3 years old. I think that he is fine, just slow with expressive language. I think that he will be caught up by the time that he starts kindergarten.

Graysen is doing well. He is a very happy baby. He goes back to the pediatric cardiologist next Thursday and we will get an update on his health. I anticipate that everything will be fine.

Last night I swear that Caleb said, "I love you" as I tucked him in last night. Lee said that it is a matter of how I interperted the sounds that came out of his mouth. I think Lee is just jelous because Caleb said, "door" when Lee told Caleb that he loved him.

Well, that is all that is going on with us. Time to research DSL before my internet crashes for the day.

No comments: