Sunday, May 10, 2009

Kitty Hawk

The theme for today was "Exploring North." We spent most of the afternoon at the Wright Brothers National Monument. It was a beautiful day and we all had a lot of fun. Here are a few pictures from today:
Erica was inspired upon viewing a replica of the flying machine.
Erica loves geese.
Caleb lost his seat in the stroller.
For the enjoyment of all guests, Kevin performed a historical reenactment of the fourth powered flight. This rock is the historic starting point. I had to remove Graysen from the stroller due to the high level of danger. Caleb was old enough to partake in the festivities and rode on the "airplane."
Lee taking pictures of Kevin performing the reenactment. He had to "fly" all the way to the fourth marker, which can be seen way in the distance. (Kevin was exhausted after the "flight." I think that he underestimated the physical requirements of flight.) Several guests made comments to him afterward regarding his "flight."
View of Kill Devil Hills from the top of the monument.
Famous astronaut.

3 comments:

Lisa said...

Looks like you are having fun! I want to be there too!!??!!? Have fun and keep us updated.

Charles Meyer said...

I was so surprised to see a vacation blog as I didn't realize you would have internet at the house. It was fun seeing the pictures. Now I have to decide what to get Erica for Christmas, a stroller or astronaut suit. She looked stunning in both of them.........

mrsolley said...

I'm loving the blog! I know you are having a blast! LMAO!