Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Barbie is Cool

The boys and I had a nice day today. Caleb and I spent the afternoon working on our yard project. I finished the mulch bed around the second tree and am now starting the process of seeding. I started removing rocks and sticks, but didn't make it very far. I plan to spend tomorrow removing more rocks and sticks and may be able to get down some seed?!

This evening we had a neighborhood "Power Wheels" playdate. It was good to spend time with the great girls in the neighborhood, enjoy some wine, and catch up. For some reason, the boys really enjoyed the Barbie vehicles!?! That left the girls to ride the F-150. It was a great evening and everyone had fun!

Here are a few pictures from today:
This is a picture of today's "progress."
The plan for tomorrow is to rake, pick up sticks and rock, aerate, seed, lime, and straw the barren area. I am using Scott's "EZ Seed" for this, which is the equivalent of powdered gold. I will be happy if I finish the barren area. Raking and picking up sticks and rocks is A LOT of work!
Most of our yard looks like this. There are lots of sticks and rocks.
The boys crusin' in the Barbie jeep.
Caleb loved Maggie's Barbie Four-Wheeler.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Riding a Barbie four-wheeler and wearing Florida Gator jersey...Graysen really knows how to embarrass himself.

Miss ya.