Monday, April 12, 2010

Letters to Lee

Lee left this morning for the UK and Belgium. He will not be home until next Tuesday night. I told him that I would try to blog every day so that he could see pictures of the boys and our activities while he is gone.

Most of our activities will be centered around revitalizing the "dustbowl," otherwise known as our yard. We have lived here one year and haven't done anything to take care of the yard because we were so busy focusing on the inside of the house.

Lee and I spent the weekend fixing and planting the mailbox flower bed. I am happy with the results and look forward to more flowers in the future.
Today, Caleb and I focused on redoing the center bed. It is A LOT of work. Here is a picture before we started, followed by one when we stopped at the end of the day. I know that it doesn't look like a lot of work, but it took me almost three hours!!! I had to remove old dirt and mulch, remove old liner, put down new landscape fabric, put down dirt, put down new mulch.
Of course, here is a picture of my yard assistant. Caleb LOVES to work in the yard and does not tire. He fusses when I tell him that it is time to go inside, even though we had been outside three hours.
My plan for tomorrow is to work on the other tree tomorrow. There will be even MORE dirt to shovel tomorrow than there was today!

So, that is pretty much our week; missing Lee, working on the yard, and few playdates later in the week.

2 comments:

mrsolley said...

3 hours outside and dirt. hmmm. Jamie is gone all week and planting flowers in the planters will be all essence and i will do! my yard is all yours if you get finished early!

deelmeyer said...

HI SWEETHEART: YOUR YARD IS LOOKIMG GOOD. I DON'T KNOW HOW YOU MANAGED 3 HOURS IN THE DIRT AND GRIME. GLAD YOUR HOME AND HAD A GOOD TIME ON YOUR VACATION. LOVE YOU - GRANDMA