Monday, April 19, 2010

Caleb's European Geography Lesson

I am pretty sure that Caleb understands everything that is happening. He is familiar with Europe from our past trips and understands that Daddy is trying to get home.

I printed a map for him and we talked about how Daddy is going to get home and about the volcano that is causing the problem. When I told Caleb that Daddy arrived safely in Paris tonight, Caleb said, "Yeah!" It was very cute and caught me by surprise. Graysen still thinks that Daddy is at the airport where we left him last Monday.

Lee needs to get to Rome by Wednesday in order to catch a flight to Atlanta on Thursday. He is with his boss, and tomorrow they will start the drive from Paris to Rome. They are going to try and make it as far as they can, and are tentatively planning on stopping in Milan for the night.

Caleb is an absolute angel. He entertains himself outside while I work on the yard project of the day. I told him that he had to be outside in the back today, so he brought out a bin of cars and played for hours at the table. He is such a sweet boy.
Today's project was to seed the "Dustbowl." This project took me longer than I expected. First, Graysen woke up halfway through the project. Managing two boys, one of which is Graysen, while trying to work is much more difficult than just keeping an eye on Caleb.

Second, I came across a black snake two different times!!! The first time it was by the air conditioner and the second time it was under the deck stairs. I screamed for a while. Unfortunately, it was mid-day, so I couldn't beg any of our neighbor's husbands to help me. I was really wishing that Lee was home at this point. I was determined to finish seeding, so I went ahead and seeded even thought the snake was under the stairs most of the time (very close to where I was working).

The "Dustbowl."
As part of ground "prep," I am removing any rocks that I find. Here are a few examples:
My "hand aerating" tool.
Seeded "Dustbowl." (I probably just turned it from a "dustbowl" to an expensive "dustbowl." I used $225 worth of Scotts "EZ Seed" in this area alone.
The boys love spending time outside. Lee and my parents will be glad to hear that the F-150 is getting used every day. Caleb loves to drive it around the cul-de-sac.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

If Caleb can keep up with all the changes to my schedule, he's doing better than me. :) Miss you guys.