Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Progress (Laura) and Anti-Progress (Caleb & Graysen)

I started working in the yard at 9:30 AM this morning and finished up around 5:45 PM. The main goal was to put seed down in the area in the middle of the old bed. I am learning that lawn work is a lot of work, especially with manual raking and aerating. Also, my two little "helpers" are turning out to be more of a hindrance than actual help. There is still so much more work to do! I am, at most, only 10% done. Oh well. At least I am learning a lot and it is good exercise.

Today's progress.
I had to wash a significant portion of the driveway which was "seeded" by Graysen. The seed is powder gold (6% seed; Scott's EZ Seed). He probably put $20 worth of seed down. The seed is guaranteed to grow anywhere and there is even a picture of it growing on cement on the bag. However, I really wish that he would seed grass, not cement.
After much raking and sweeping, I was able to get the straw back into a reasonable pile. My nice bales were hit first by a Harley and then by a F-150...

No comments: